MKDA is award-winning commercial Interior Design firm headquartered in New York City. Our Stamford, CT Studio seeks a creative and technically savvy Senior Architect to join our CT team. The ideal candidate will be a driven critical thinker, team oriented in nature, and adaptable to change. He or she must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and exhibit strong project-planning abilities.
- Exhibits understanding of the firm’s design philosophy
- Manages client relationships in collaboration with Industry and Team Leaders
- Directs projects, guiding project teams from initial engagement through project completion
- Serves as clients’ primary day-to-day point of contact, responding to questions and concerns in a timely, thoughtful manner
- Ensures the quality completion of deliverables on time and on budget
- Monitors contract compliance and execution
- Identifies and initiates additional service agreements
- Prepares work plans
- Oversees and adjusts project financials, schedules, and staffing to meet design and profitability goals
- Participates in invoicing process
- Tracks key metrics and project data
- Promotes corporate culture, mentoring the next-level of leaders
- Exhibit strong communication skills with relation to client interaction.
- Significant experience in the fields of architecture and interior architecture; a minimum of 10 years, preferably with licensure.
- Proven track record in a leadership role
- Project management expertise – with substantive experience managing budgets and schedules
- A holistic understanding of the design process with thorough knowledge of technical design and construction drawing documentation.
- Experience successfully directing the technical and delivery portions of multiple high-profile projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior time management and organizational abilities
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD, 3D Rendering, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite. Revit and Sketch-Up a plus.
- RA, AIA, CID and LEED a plus
Applicants must reside in the U.S. and be willing to relocate. Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Senior Architect Application” in the subject line.