Company Preview: One of Interior Design’s top 100 Giants, MKDA was established in 1959, an award-winning architectural and design firm headquartered in New York City with offices in Florida, DC and Connecticut. Driven by our designs and proven by our partnerships with our clients, people enjoy working with us because while we take our work and project outcomes seriously, we value the power of relationships and not taking ourselves too seriously.Our local team hail from larger shops, or academia, bringing with them an expansive knowledge and vision alongside MKDA’s innate entrepreneurial drive and passion for delivering individualized attention, highly attuned and tailored design solutions, strong work ethic, and management of budgets and schedules.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for working on a variety of design assignments from multiple sources at all sizes and levels of complexity from start to completion.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’d like to be part of our creative and dynamic team, please visit our career page and apply with your cover letter, resume and portfolio in PDF format to email@example.com with “Junior Interior Designer – Miami” in the subject line.
MKDA is an equal opportunity employer.
– Space planning
-Attending meetings and managing client expectations
-Coordinating with outside consultants and vendors
-Participating in programming, visioning and site assessment tasks.
-Working on multiple projects of all sizes and complexities within set deadlines
-Creating renderings, selecting finish schemes and putting together client presentations
-Bachelors or Master’s degree in Interior Design.
-Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, and 3D Rendering, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office
-Experience with creating and understanding project documentation, including Design Development
-Good understanding of interior finishes, materials, furniture, lighting, fixtures, and FF&E schedules and budgets
-Proficiency in millwork detailing and specifications and reviewing shop drawings
-Basic Knowledge of current building codes including ADA requirements
-Ability to work well with clients, vendors, and construction managers, and be able to take direction from Senior and Intermediate Designers
-Excellent presentation skills and strong communication skills
-Must currently reside in the Miami area or be willing to relocate.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER 10-15yrs
Company Preview: MKDA is a 62-year-old, award-winning architectural and design firm headquartered in New York City with offices in Florida, DC and Connecticut. We are often asked how we are so successful at vying against the bigger names in architecture and winning on significant projects. We think it’s because our history bears us out, but also because many from our local team hail from larger shops, or academia, bringing with them an expansive knowledge and vision alongside MKDA’s innate entrepreneurial drive and passion for delivering individualized attention, highly attuned and tailored design solutions, strong work ethic, and management of budgets and schedules. We also like to think that people enjoy working with us because while we take our work and project outcomes seriously, we value the power of relationships and not taking ourselves too seriously. There are no “starchitects” here, just talented, fun people with a strong work ethic.
Position Preview: This is a unique opportunity to participate in the development of architectural projects from concept to completion, and learn all aspects of the process along the way. You will work closely with our Principal Architect and Technical Director to develop design ideas and creatively problem solve, as well as provide strong technical support and interface with clients regularly. Our architecture group is a boutique studio where all ideas are welcome, and no one is exempt from pursuing their own personal and professional goals.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for directing and guiding project teams throughout the duration of each project, while also serving as the client’s primary day-to-day contact and managing expectations. The ideal candidate will be team-oriented, a critical thinker, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Annual Base Salary based on experience, certifications and portfolio
- Full Benefits Package – Eligible for bonuses each year, health insurance, 401K with match, FSA account, PTO, Paid Holidays and more
Key Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Ensuring quality completion of deliverables on time and on budget
- Monitoring contract compliance and execution
- Preparing work plans
- Overseeing and adjusting project financials, schedules and staffing to meet design and profitability goals
- Directing and guiding project teams throughout the duration of the project
- Attending meetings and managing client expectations
- Serving as client’s primary day-to-day contact, responding to questions and concerns in a timely manner
- Participating in invoicing process
- Tracking key metrics and project data
- Participating in programming, visioning and site assessment tasks.
- Significant experience in the fields of architecture with a minimum of 10 years experience with licensure OR 10 years experience with a minimum of 8 years in project management.
- Highly proficient in Revit and project management software
- Holistic understanding of the design process with thorough knowledge of technical design & construction drawing documentation
- Experience successfully directing the technical and delivery portions of multiple high-profile projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills and ability to multitask
- RA, AIA, CID and LEED a plus